Friday, September 18, 2009

Lady Saw doing it 'My Way'

The undisputed queen of the dancehall Lady Saw is getting ready to rock the music industry with the impending release of her latest album, entitled My Way, and although the sassy lyricist isn’t signed to a record label, she’s promising fans that the independently produced project is “the best of Lady Saw to date”.

Modestly speaking, the album is a sizzling representation of the renowned skills of the lady, who saw fit to pen hits such as Woman Mi Name, If Him Lef, I’ve Got Your Man, Chat To Mi Balk, Walkout, and more recently J-E-A-L-O-U-S, Your Boyfriend, and Beg U.

“If you think you’ve seen the best of Lady Saw, think again,” Lady Saw, whose real name is Marion Hall, quipped. “People might think they’ve got the best of Lady Saw already, but believe me when I tell you, you ain’t seen nothing yet, because my brain is always writing and the best of me is yet to come”.

Obviously excited about the upcoming project, she let out that the cover for the album will be shot in Port Antonio next week – and in true Lady Saw fashion, will have that unmistakable international flair.

“We’re shooting the cover for the album, and with everybody that’s flying in for this, it’s going to be HOT! The stylists flew in after they worked on the red carpet at the MTV Video Music Awards and one big excitement, and I’m geared up for this,” she said.

Also noting that the 15-track project will be available for digital download, the high-riding deejay said she's in discussions with two international companies who want to offer that service.

"I feel young. I feel like I'm just turning 18! I'm doing some wicked crossover tracks, and I'm finishing up some surprises to make sure the album is kept how I want it, to make sure it's kept My Way".

Source - Black Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment